With the temperature dropping it’s time to fire up that oven. Lucky for you, Chelsea of Chelsea’s Messy Apron has another delicious and healthy recipe that is fairly easy to make. Her Foil Pack Italian Chicken & Veggies dish can cook via grill or oven. As the snow begins to fall we suggest the oven!
This dish utilizes chicken but you can go vegetarian with it. Just increase the vegetable variety and count and decrease the cook time. We like this best served with rice or quinoa on the side.
- 2 large (16 ounces total; 1 pound)chicken breasts, sliced horizontally to get 4 even 4-ounce pieces
- 2 cups baby potatoes, halved or quartered
- 1 green bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 yellow onion, cut into rings
- 1 large carrot, cut into matchsticks
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 tablespoon EACH: dried basil, dried oregano, dried parsley, garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon EACH onion powder, dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes, optional
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Optional: fresh lemon, fresh Italian flat-leaf parsley, freshly grated Parmesan cheese
Of course, this dish is open to alterations to fit your tastes. Don’t like onions? Put in some more peppers or add broccoli. Love the idea of foil pack dinners but not this one? See Chelsea’s other foil pack recipes here.
Cold Weather Conundrum
We know winter can be harder for people to stay active with bad road conditions hindering your gym commute and gray skies bringing you down. Our recent blog talks about Seasonal Affective Disorder and how exercise can help combat it.